How to Use the Treadmill Calorie Calculator
Follow these simple steps to calculate the calories burned during your treadmill workout:
- Enter your weight: Input your weight in kilograms (kg) in the designated field.
- Input your speed: Enter the speed at which you plan to run or walk on the treadmill in kilometers per hour (km/h).
- Set the incline: Input the desired incline percentage (%) for your treadmill workout.
- Specify workout duration: Enter the length of your workout in minutes.
- Click “Calculate Calories Burned”: After inputting the necessary information, click the “Calculate Calories Burned” button to view the estimated number of calories burned during your workout.
- Review the results: The calculator will display the total calories burned based on the input values. Use this information to tailor your workout routine and achieve your fitness goals.
Now that you know how to use our treadmill calorie calculator, you can easily track your calorie expenditure and optimize your workouts.
UK Average Values
Here are the average values for weight, treadmill speed, incline, and workout duration in the UK:
- Weight: The average adult weight in the UK is 80.3kg for men and 68.6kg for women.
- Treadmill Speed: The typical treadmill speed ranges from 5 to 9 km/h for a moderate-intensity workout. On average, UK gym-goers tend to maintain a speed of around 6-7 km/h for a comfortable jog.
- Incline: Most treadmill users in the UK set the incline between 1% and 5%. A 1-2% incline generally simulates outdoor running, while higher inclines help burn more calories and target different muscle groups.
- Workout Duration: The average treadmill workout duration in the UK is approximately 30 minutes, with most individuals engaging in cardio sessions 3-5 times per week.
Average Calories Burned on a Treadmill per Hour
The number of calories burned on a treadmill per hour depends on factors such as weight, speed, and incline. On average, a person weighing 70 kg running at a speed of 6 km/h with a 1% incline can burn around 500 calories per hour. As the speed and incline increase, the number of calories burned per hour can rise significantly, reaching up to 900-1,000 calories for more intense workouts.
Our treadmill calorie calculator is an essential tool for tracking your calorie burn and optimizing your workouts. By understanding the average values for weight, speed, incline, and duration in the UK, you can create a workout plan tailored to your needs and goals. Start using our calorie calculator today and experience the benefits of personalized calorie tracking, optimized workouts, and enhanced motivation.